Monday, March 25, 2024

The First One

 After a very long time , I heard the song -

Tu Meri Jindagi Hai , Tu Meri Har Khushi hai
Tu hee pyaar , tu hee chahat, tu hee ashique hai

As the melody filled my heart , I was back in Bhandara ,the place of many firsts starting from first school to first friends to first best friends to first gang of friends , first idolation , first fascination , first crush , first heart break , the place where I first heard this song. There was a time when there were those who were an integral part of existance with hours of talks. But the time changed and as was foretold in LOTR 

The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost.


The world of that time was a small world , that we had created . A world which for a long time remained untouched from whatever happened outside . There was a silent hope that this world will remain untouched. 

And then we stepped out , byes were exchanged and promises made to meet in the evening . Promises were kept on Day 1 , next day the plan was to meet over the weekend and as the promises accumulated , we never realized that the last cricket match was the last one we ever played together

No comments:

Post a Comment